Money in Mekong Countries
Cambodia - Vietnam - Laos - Thailand - Myanmar - YunnanRead More
- Small-Group Halong Bay Day Cruise
- Small-Group Saigon Night Tour & Dinner Cruise
- Local Flavors Food Walking Tour
- Small-Group Full-Day Mekong Delta Cruise
- Small-Group Half-Day Tour of Cu Chi Tunnels
- Half-Day Cu Chi Tunnels Tour
- Mekong Delta, My Tho & Ben Tre Tour
- Halong Bay Full-Day Boat Cruise
- Cu Chi Tunnels Excursion
- Small-Group Half-Day Ho Chi Minh City Tour
Cash remains the most realistic way to take money into the region. The key currency is US dollars, but ensure that you take new edition currency as old edition $50 and $100 bills are often not accepted.
Do not order local currency from your home country. All major airports have banks, and all banks accept US dollars.
Travellers cheques are accepted in banks of major capital cities in all countries.
Credit cards are widely accepted in Thailand, but beware that smaller enterprises will surcharge if you use a credit card. Consider paying a sum into your credit card account to give you a positive balance that you can draw on overseas. Credit cards are accepted in major hotels in other countries.
ATM Machines are available just about everywhere in Thailand and nearly all are part of worldwide networks. ATM machines are not generally available in other countries.